Marketing Strategies for Real Estate AgentsApril 14, 2014
Las Vegas Home Sales Rise as Home Prices Fall in AprilMay 9, 2014
Many people question how the successful real estate agents do every day. How do they achieve success in such a tough field? With the advancement of technology, marketing and advertising methods, there are several means to which a real estate agent can become successful. According to a survey of over 1500 real estate agents here’s a few secrets from successful agents. By successful we are defining an agent that earns 6 digits per year.
- Consistency: Keeping consistent with your business goals and customer contacts. One method that can achieve this is email newsletters. You can keep in touch with past clients, schedule them so they are not forgotten about, and potential grab new clients via referral or forwarded messages.
- IDX: Having a website that allows customers to browse through homes is an essential part of a real estate agent’s success. Well worth the investment because potential clients could end up on your website even though the property is under a different listing agent.
- Blog: Successful real estate agents blog! This is not only assisting in their client information and connection but also assisting in their search engine rankings. Majority of home owners searching on the internet will find a real estate agent based on their blog posts.
- Video: Homeowners are very visual orientated. Create a video that you can share on youtube that will gain attention from clients. If you are the listing agent for a property for sale, take the extra time to develop a slideshow of pictures, or maybe a small video tour of the place highlighting features that may not be noticeable from a simple picture.
- Marketing: Automate your marketing and/or get assistance if possible. Hire someone to do menial tasks that are affordable but consistent and effective. Posting in classifieds is a very easy and affordable way to try and grab potential clients. Facebook, Adwords, Youtube, Craigslist, are just some ways you can pull in extra traffic to your website.
- Get Support: Do not try to be successful on your own. After all, why not lean on those that are already where you want to be. Ask coworkers or other real estate agents that you respect what they can tell you to assist in your career. A good real estate agent won’t be threatened by you trying to improve your business. In fact, having 2 or 3 partners in the real estate business can be an asset especially if you find yourself losing potential clients because of your availability.
- Invest: It takes money to make money is a old but true statement. Invest in technology, marketing and support. Have a tablet with you so you can look up helpful information for your client at a moment’s notice. Invest in a website, business cards and other promotional material. Take some professional photographs to give yourself that professional appearance. Hire someone part time to help your business grow. Several individuals are looking for extra work even if its 2-3 hours a week or a month. Get that extra pair of hands to help you grow.